Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Button Collection

Ever since I stopped working at (insert name of leading Australian retailer) a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been a bit aimless; waking up at twelve in the afternoon, watching reruns of Ready Steady Cook and Dating in the Dark (both and the US and UK versions.)

Then one lazy afternoon, on one of our regular coffee catch ups, my good friend Silaserene came up with the idea of starting our own gift shop on Etsy - and so CraftyBandits was spawned. [cue Circle of Life music]


It's only fitting that my first ever blog post pays tribute to my grandmother's button collection. Before she became a teacher, Blanche de Sales was a seamstress. Most of her clients were school children with ill-fitting uniforms, but she also made the time in her busy schedule to sew and darn clothes for her seven children.

Years later, a box filled with odds and ends from her seamstress days came into my possession. While the humble 10mm button is not the most inspiring of mediums, I've actually enjoyed planning my half of the shop (equivalent to 25 items) around them.

In fact, I've become a bit button obsessed. And rightly so because there's just so many things you can do with them.

My top 5 uses for Buttons
Pretty inspiring stuff eh? Just need to get started!
- The Dentist

No comments:

Post a Comment